Tuesday 4 March 2014

Task 4b/c

I've recently been setting up my SIG group for my questions of inquiry.

As research I've discussed my questions with fellow work colleagues at school (Teachers). This was very helpful as it's given me lots of ideas where I could take my inquiry and develop my questions further.

As a useful tool we brain stormed ideas, below is what came out from the discussion:


 
 
Looking at the question:
 
'In what ways does singing and movement help with early years development?'
 
I discovered how much is used within the early years curriculum to encourage pupils learning. It's used across the spectrum from maths; counting songs to role play to literacy; story telling. From this discussion I would like to include drama/acting to the question as it involves all the aspects of performing, so I'm thinking of re-wording the question to:
 
'In what ways does singing, drama and movement help with early years development?'
 
Working within early years on a daily basis I know that singing, drama and movement is used within the early years curriculum so I feel my lines of inquiry need to discover the ways in which it is used? when it is used? why it is used? Maybe look at how it has encouraged pupil development?
 
I feel my next steps to develop my inquiry is to research what people have written about the effectiveness of singing/drama and movement in early years development? and why these areas are important within the early years curriculum?
 
From discussing with my fellow teachers they have suggested some theorists to research so this is my next step! 



No comments:

Post a Comment