Monday 7 April 2014

Task 5d Ethics

Today I discussed my research tools for my inquiry with teachers at school (SIG) and what the ethical considerations in conducting these tools. I aim to conduct an interview with teachers and complete a series of observations on pupils as well as looking at child development data to support evidence/research.

Please see below my brain storm of ethical standards I have to consider for a fair inquiry:


Taking one of these areas of ethics, I used my SIG group in work to help me explore possible questions for the content of my interview. It helped me discover what do I want to find out? and how will this help my inquiry? Below is some example interview questions for teachers;





















1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalie
    Fantastic brainstorming (as always). You've really kept the professional and organizational ethics close to the personal which I think is important when interviews are involved. Confidentiality is important.
    For my inquiry I hope to give interviews, observations, basic surveys and internet research for biographies, but when it comes to the face to face stuff, I've decided to ask permission for the teachers I would interview whether or not they want to be made anonymous or not, but to put a strict rule to keeping the mentioned children anonymous full stop.
    I agree to not be prejudice when interviewing and I personally am going to stick to a rule of not commenting on any answers which can effect their thinking, but of course take advantage of any answers which can produce further questions that don't alter their original answer.
    It's so tricky for me to keep organized, but this is something I will need to discuss with my SIG out of the course as well as in.

    Good luck with the rest of your Inquiry planning....

    Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete